The legislature is considering bill SB-453: AAA Classroom Safety and Disruptive Behavior that would help to prevent assaults on teachers.
We need to share your stories with them. Please take a few minutes to write a paragraph or two (or more if you have time) about your experiences.
In your own words, discuss why teacher assault is a major problem in our schools that must be addressed.
Things to Consider
- Administration not taking the problem seriously or failing to provide necessary services and resources
- No consequences or appropriate interventions for violent students
- Risks to the safety of other students and educators in the classroom
- Discouragement of teachers to remain in the teaching profession
- Ignoring behavioral issues in the school now increases the risk of those students becoming involved with the criminal justice system later on CLICK HERE FOR MORE