Good afternoon, members! I finally have the information I said I would get to you before the RA ended.
1. Does any money from my TEA, CEA, and NEA dues go to political campaigns? I spoke with Bob Brown, CEA-retired and I believe Chair of the CEA Political Action Committee. I will put his response below:
- No money from your CEA dues goes to specific politicians or political campaigns. The money is used to support educational issues in Hartford, so it can go to political actions committees that support educational issues but not to candidates or their campaigns.
- Some money from your NEA dues does to go support endorsed candidates.
2. Information on the effect of the Janus decision by the Supreme Court are outlined in the following link:
On the first day of the NEA RA, we saw a great power point by their legal counsel, Alice O'Brien, and I have been trying to get a copy of that to share with you because it was so well done and easy to understand. Sheila Cohen said she'd work on getting it for us in Torrington.
3. I know Michael McCotter is at SW not TMS, but you all need to know that this first-time delegate and SW building rep was amazing today at our Connecticut Caucus meeting in his effort to support teachers, students, and education.